Carpentry Pre-Apprentice 26-Week Training Program Date TBA | Fall 2021
This FREE Training Program is valued at $5,200 per participant!
- Classes begin this September and October, dates to be announced
- 200-hours for approximately 26-weeks depending on holidays and weather events
- Classes follow the Public School District Calendar for vacations and holidays
- Classes meet Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Your choice of training centers:
- East Providence Career and Technical Center.
- Warwick Area Career and Technical Center.
Our training programs are held at Rhode Island High School Career and Technical Centers and follow the school calendar for holidays and school closings.
The Home Builders Institute (HBI) PACT Program is a 26-week carpentry career training program designed to prepare job seekers looking for a career in residential construction or upskill current construction workers in carpentry. PACT is based on HBI’s National Construction Skill Standards and NAHB’s National Green Building Standards™. PACT’s skill achievement records, set by subject matter experts, ensures every participant has the knowledge they must master to be employed in an entry-level or semi-skilled job within the residential construction industry and has a job placement rate of over 80 percent for HBI PACT graduates.
Participants are trained by HBI Certified Instructors and receive upon successful completion:
- 144 hours of hands-on training
- OSHA 10 Construction training card
- Initial 8-hour Lead Safe Renovate Repair and Painting Rule training certificate
- American Heart Association Basic First Aid training
- Soft Skills
- Team Building
- Professionalism and Success in the workplace training
- Introduction to the Building Code Book
- Manufacturer Boot Camps for expert installation training, techniques & tips
What Will I Learn?
- Practice your new skills with coding challenges (solutions included)
- Organize and structure your code using software patterns like modules
- Get friendly and fast support in the course Q&A
- Downloadable lectures, code and design assets for all projects