Energy Weatherization Auditor, Installer Pre-Apprentice 15 Week Training Program | Fall 2021
This FREE Training Program is valued at $6,000 per participant!
- Fall 2021
- 60-night,180-hour training program
- Classes meet Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- RIBA’s Central Falls Vocational Facility10 Higginson Ave., Central Falls 02863 (use this address for GPS, 2 Crow Point, Lincoln, RI 02865 we are across the street from Fortune Metals). Training center subject to change.
- COVID-19 will determine a virtual start
Certifications and Certificates:
- BPI Certification
- HBI Pre-Apprentice Carpentry Certification
- OSHA 10 Certification – Safety training about your rights,
recognizing workplace hazards, prevention, and safety
- Lead Safety—Renovate, Repair, and Painting Rule (RRP)
initial 8-Hour Renovator Certificate
- Basic First Aid Certificate
Individuals will learn widely used industry terminology related to building science and demonstrate how various components of a home interact to affect the overall performance. They will understand the relationship between the building envelope, heating, A/C, insulation, mechanical ventilation, lighting, appliances, and other systems of the home. They will also realize how these systems affect the comfort, health and safety of occupants, and durability of
the structure. Graduates will also realize why improving the energy efficiency of the home should be the first step toward solar, geothermal, or other renewable energy improvements.
- Job Safety with OSHA-10
- Building Science/Home Construction
- Tools of the Trade and Their Proper Use
- Wall Board and Insulation
- Lead Safety
- HBI Pre-Apprentice Carpentry
- Building Performance Index (BPI)
- Basic First Aid
- Jobsite Visits
- Preparing the Jobsite
- Employability/Soft Skills
Programs designed to train and upskill the next generation of construction workers
THE PRE-APPRENTICESHIP CERTIFICATE TRAINING (PACT) PROGRAM
The award-winning curriculum, based on NAHB’s Green Building Standard™ and National s kills Standards, is one of only three pre-apprenticeship curricula recognized by the Department of Labor (DOL) deployed in training programs nationwide. The PACT curriculum integrates performance based learning in the building trades with vocational and academic skills training and includes life skills, career development, and on-the-job training. HBI has been training and educating America’s home construction workforce for over 40 years. Our proven business model has helped countless individuals create long-term career opportunities. Over the years we have continued to build out our program offering and expand our footprint in the construction industry. From innovative initiatives to creative partnerships, we remain committed to building careers and changing lives.
Students will start with basic construction, learning the tools of the trade, their proper use, understanding Home Construction Techniques including Preparing the Jobsite, Working Safely and along the way receive additional guidance and resources related to the opportunities available in this High Wage, High Growth, High Demand Industry.
The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) publishes standards related to the energy efficiency and performance of residential buildings. Although this standard is primarily focused on energy conservation measures and criteria, it does extend beyond these measures to address the
building as a whole along with health. The auditor’s role may vary depending on the context in which the evaluation is conducted. The “auditor” may be an independent third party, an employee of a contractor or a weatherization agency; or may also be a person conducting an evaluation of the building for other purposes including post-installation performance verification, quality assurance inspections, or other diagnostic interventions. This standard assumes auditors will also follow in good faith their company policy and conform to the policies of any participating program sponsor or funding source, as applicable, concerning energy savings estimates and cost-benefit analysis. The recipient of the results of the evaluation can include property owners, program administrators or other interested parties.
What Will I Learn?
- Practice your new skills with coding challenges (solutions included)
- Organize and structure your code using software patterns like modules
- Get friendly and fast support in the course Q&A
- Downloadable lectures, code and design assets for all projects