About This Course
This FREE Training Program is valued at $5,200 per participant!
- Classes begin September 29, 2022 and end April 3, 2023
- 200-hours for approximately 26-weeks depending on holidays and weather events (*)
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Location: Providence Area Career and Technical Center.
Our training programs are held at Rhode Island High School Career and Technical Centers and follow the school calendar for holidays and school closings.
The Home Builders Institute (HBI) PACT Program is a 26-week plumbing/HVAC career training program designed to prepare job seekers looking for a career in residential construction or upskill current construction workers in plumbing/HVAC. PACT is based on HBI’s National Construction Skill Standards and NAHB’s National Green Building Standards™. PACT’s skill achievement records, set by subject matter experts, ensures every participant has the knowledge they must master to be employed in an entry-level or semi-skilled job within the residential construction industry and has a job placement rate of over 80 percent for HBI PACT graduates.
Participants are trained by HBI Certified Instructors and receive upon successful completion:
- 144 hours of hands-on training
- OSHA 10 Construction training card
- Initial 8-hour Lead Safe Renovate Repair and Painting Rule training certificate
- CPR/ First Aid training
- Soft Skills
- Team Building
- Professionalism and Success in the workplace training
- Introduction to the Building Code Book
- Manufacturer Boot Camps for expert installation training, techniques & tips
- Financial Empowerment
Each participant receives a basic set of trade tools to use during training and to keep upon successful completion.
(*) These training programs are for residential construction, hours obtained do not count towards registered apprenticeship hours.
Employers: Upskill your current employees or sponsor a candidate you’d like to hire with a commitment of a wage increase or a job during or upon training completion.
Job Seekers, Career Changers and those interested in a Career in Construction: Demonstrate a commitment to start a career in construction and actively seek employment at RCWPJobs.com and our placement resources.